Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Artists' Studios


Since I'm still basking in the glow of being moved into my new studio, I've been feeling especially appreciative of the intimacy and sacredness of the studio space. I found this image online today of Agnes Martin, standing before her painting in her studio. It inspired me to post images of painters in their studios.


Above photo is of Margaret Kilgallen.


Susan Rothenberg, standing with her dog in her studio. I'd like to document my time in my studio because it's obviously something one doesn't think to do, but I feel like it's just as amazing see an artist at work in their space as it is to see their final paintings. The process that takes place in the studio is so exhilerating.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine O. said...

I love seing artist studios and them in the process of working~ it feels like you are sneeking a peek at a magical snippet of time. usually people only see the finished piece, not how it got there!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home