Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm on Ebay

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Initially I felt confused, I tried to recall when/how I had posted this piece, who bought it...when I had orginally sold it, what gallery...did I put it on Ebay?
I had a solo show at a gallery in Kansas City in 2001 and this was one of the paintings that sold. I never met the buyer, aka "pink pajamas." Sadly his interests have evolved beyond my little painting and now lie in his kitchen renovation project. Maybe I should be flattered that he thinks this sale could bring him a nice chunk of cash. Whatever it is, I guess this is just part of selling your art and having it out there in the world. He owns it and has every right to turn around and sell it. But, for whatever reason, it does hurt a little bit. I remember painting "The Alchemist," and I even used it as my showcard image. Oh well, I guess I need to just let it go, this is something that happens all the time and I've just never experienced it before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home