Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Honeycombs & Wheels

I've been doing a series of small abstract paintings, and I'm feeling stuck because my initial background patterns feel complete on their own, but not complete enough to call a finished painting. I keep moving on, hoping to come back to them and incorporate their "subject," but I'm afraid of losing their calm, tranquil aesthetic.
So, now I have about 20 small paintings of honeycomb patterns, wheels, circles and color fields. Not sure where to take them next...
I found this painting online yesterday that struck me. I really like it, it's by Harold Klunder:

2 Comments:

Blogger pbcbstudios said...

this is great!

-pb

10:19 AM  
Blogger janelle pietrzak said...

i love these studies. you have seen the work of terry winters? that is what cam to mind. . your work is awesome! i love your etsy shop. keep it up!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home