Tuesday, September 19, 2006

flowers


{Above sculpture by Roberley Bell}

I just bought 2 vintage terrariums on Ebay, and I'm working with them now, thinking of ways to incorporate them into my wall installation in my upcoming show:

I've been experimenting with fake flowers, inspired by bouquets I remember all over my grandmother's home. These also tie in with the flower forms in my paintings, which have also cropped up as representations of an interior "landscape" from my childhood.

I have been looking at artists' work that incorporates flowers, grass or other garden forms. I found this woman's work, Roberley Bell, and I really like her sculptures (top image and below:)

These are some other interesting images I found on Flickr:

1 Comments:

Blogger pbcbstudios said...

oh jeeeeeeeeeez.........

i like that top image a lot!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home