Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New Paintings

Here are some of my paintings I'm working on, shown at different stages of their progress:



My new favorite thing right now (besides my digital camera) is to document the evolution of my paintings. There's always an ebb and flow to the process of painting, and a point in which I feel I could stop painting, but it feels unfinished, or I can push past this point and move the piece into new territory. Sometimes this fails miserably, but ultimately this is all part of the process. In this push I hope that I'll come up with something that evokes the sense of emotion and nostalgia I'm going for. We'll see what happens...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Hi, I have recently come across your blog and website and find your paintings beautifully inspiring. Love the colours and the free-flowing style you seem to portray.
Like the studio digs pics also - its always interesting to see behind the scenes of an artists creations!
I am a graphic/web designer in the UK that has recently rekindled my passion for art and hope to make it more a part of my life than just a side hobby. My own blog is very new but please check it out in time once it becomes more established!

Joanne x

3:32 AM  
Blogger Blogging Masterclass said...

Your blog is so beautiful, I love the peach and pinks... And this art - whoa, amazing. I really love your sense of color and design.

Holly

1:55 PM  
Blogger pbcb la said...

Thanks so much Holly! I enjoy your blog very much too, it has become a regular stop for me!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home