Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Studio Update


We've completed our studio move and are now set up in our new space! We're open every 2nd Saturday for the Northeast LA Artwalk, so come on by! Art Studio C is now located at 4121 Eagle Rock Blvd. The space is smaller, but has a good vibe. It's a charming space, more intimate and feels like a little house. My abstract pieces continue to evolve...they're not really there yet but these small watercolors are informing my larger oil paintings (in progress.) You can see the ideas I'm working with (above) here (and below:)

These are just vignettes and sketches for larger ideas. However, I'm at a place where I either overdo or underdo and I wish these could stand alone. I prefer to stop than to push forward in these smaller pieces. I use them like flashcards, and I actually hold them up to my larger pieces, trying to figure out which moments I want to incorporate in my oil paintings. This has been my process of painting lately. It's progressing, but it's a slow growth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Sung said...

Well, I'm glad your move went well. It's really important, I think, to have a studio space you feel comfortable in.

And they really are beautiful little studies. It'll be very interesting to see how they inform your larger paintings.

Thanks for sharing them!

12:08 AM  
Blogger pbcb la said...

Thanks Nick, I hope to be posting some more soon!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home