Wednesday, June 04, 2008

green and greener


I will have this painting on exhibit in a green-themed show at Green & Greener, LA's first eco-living "general-store" whose grand opening is next week.

I submitted this piece, titled "Inhabitants," because the inspiration for the flowers and colors comes from textiles I remember in my grandmother's home. Referencing family photo albums, I "recycled" patterns from pillow cases, curtains, and bedspreads in her home and repurposed them in this series of paintings.

This painting will be for sale at the shop during the month of June, please stop by to check it out!

Get location info here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pattern and colors are great!

12:19 PM  
Blogger pbcb la said...

thanks!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home