Wednesday, April 09, 2008

nyc spring




I was in NY this week for work again, and was ecstatic to race over to the Whitney to see the Bienniel. Much to my dismay, the Whitney and the MOMA, as it turns out, are closed on Mondays & Tuesdays! All was not lost though, as I went across the street from the MOMA and saw an embroidery show called "Pricked" at the Museum of Arts and Design.

An artist whose worked I've liked for years, Ghada Amer, had some pieces in the show (her artwork is above, middle canvas.) I had never seen her work in person before, so that was exciting. There was some really great work in the show, most artists whose work I had never seen before, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Artwork above: 1.Nava Lubelski 2.Ghada Amer 3.Tilleke Schwarz

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home