Wednesday, October 10, 2007

i love nyc



I lucked out and got to go to NY twice in the past month, and even though I didn't have much time to venture out into the city, (I was there for work,) I did get to do a couple of inspiring things. In September, I was ecstatic to be able to go to the Whitney to see the Summer of Love show. For the past year, I've been referencing 60's-70's psychedelic art in my paintings, and this show had an over-abundance of posters, video footage, laser light show installations... two whole floors of the Whitney filled with psychedelic love! It was awesome.

I was in Manhattan again last week for another work trip (and coincidentally on my birthday,) but I did manage to squeeze in a relaxing walk in Central Park, and we got to eat at some YUMMY places in the Meatpacking district. Even on our marathon 48 hr trips, NYC never disappoints!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home