Wednesday, April 09, 2008

ship is sailing

My initial inspiration for this blog was to have a platform in which I could articulate ideas, brainstorm, share the progress in my studio and post images of my paintings. The name of my blog: "a painting life" signifies for me the central focus of my life as an artist... even though I don't have the luxury of devoting all my time toward my painting career... it is the part of my life that I feel the most connected to.

As of late I feel I should start another blog, "a working life." Unfortunately, the past year my days/nights/weekends have been eaten up by my day job-which has become much much more than a day job. I packed up my studio last spring and moved all my paintings back home again... where they have sat collecting dust for many months now. It breaks my heart to feel like my ship is sailing away, but alas I feel like I need to be a responsible adult and save for my future/our future. When I pass by my stacks of paintings, sometimes I don't even see them... they just blend into the background. Other times I feel a sharp pang, a longing sadness to be with them again.

I feel now that I'm floating away from my painting life, getting further and further away from the shore, veiled in fog and mist. Hopefully the wind will send me back soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This entry makes me sooo sad. You are incredibly talented, don't the day job get you down! I feel the same way often but we have to have that day job to pay the bills. There's always the hope of that winning lottery ticket :o(

Mich

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home