Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mama Monster


This painting may or may not still be in progress, but I like the current sort of desolate, quiet state. It inadvertently took on a mother/child composition with a surprising tenderness that I quite like. The legs were accidental paint drips, which is always the beauty of watercolor. And the little figure took on a playful quality when I added the red lines. I'm thinking as an ode to my desire to get back to my more minimalist roots, I will not let myself do anything more to this painting.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I typically hate art, but I really love yours. It's a compliment. I swear.

1:04 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Since I just had a second grandchild a little over a month ago, I find this utterly adorable. :-)

6:33 PM  
Blogger MagiklyDelish said...

wow I really like your art :)

12:36 AM  
Blogger Steve Young said...

I really like your works

1:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have a great attitude! Very mellow!

8:46 PM  
Blogger notmassproduced said...

love your paintings - I don't know how i got here but I'm glad i did! Kate

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home