Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mama Monster


This painting may or may not still be in progress, but I like the current sort of desolate, quiet state. It inadvertently took on a mother/child composition with a surprising tenderness that I quite like. The legs were accidental paint drips, which is always the beauty of watercolor. And the little figure took on a playful quality when I added the red lines. I'm thinking as an ode to my desire to get back to my more minimalist roots, I will not let myself do anything more to this painting.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger americayay said...

So I typically hate art, but I really love yours. It's a compliment. I swear.

1:04 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Since I just had a second grandchild a little over a month ago, I find this utterly adorable. :-)

6:33 PM  
Blogger MagiklyDelish said...

wow I really like your art :)

12:36 AM  
Blogger joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

2:55 PM  
Blogger Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)

5:16 AM  
Blogger smallreddog said...

I really like your works

1:30 AM  
Blogger Savannah said...

Beautiful. I love your blog. You are invited to check out my blog.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Rachel Rose said...

You have a great attitude! Very mellow!

8:46 PM  
Blogger notmassproduced said...

love your paintings - I don't know how i got here but I'm glad i did! Kate

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home