Tuesday, December 30, 2008

process



The process of painting for me is also a process of thinking. I've just returned from visiting family for the holidays, with a certain painting on my mind for the past 2 weeks. I'm excited to return to my studio tomorrow and see how my thoughts materialize into painting. I didn't do any thumbnails for it, because my ideas are too abstract, it's not something I can really draw. It's going to be a layering process, of memory, recollection, and unconscious pattern-painting. The ideas I have are for a new piece I started just before I left (shown above & below,) and it's the one I'm most interested in diving back into. However, I do have 4 others I'm eager to finish. Especially the one I call "Monster-scape" as I am literally moments away from finishing it. Hopefully I can tackle these in the last few days of 2008 {or the first few of '09!}


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home